What is a cookie?
Please note that by using this site you consent to cookies being used.
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or other device when visiting this website.
Mappin & Webb requires the use of some cookies to enable certain site functionality to work.. Without cookies you will not be able to place your order or experience the site properly.
- To ensure the website operates effectively from a technical perspective, including on-line transactions.
- Assist with Mappin & Webb marketing, including banner advertising.
- To enable Mappin & Webb to improve our online experience by collecting non-personal information on the shopping habits of our customers, including pages viewed and products added to baskets.
- To track transactions where visitors have come from third party sites, usually through our affiliate network.
Can I disable cookies?
It is possible to turn off your cookies through your website browser settings however this will affect the functionality and experience of our site. Please see below for an explanation of how to disable cookies on various browsers.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the “Firefox” button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click “Options”
2. Select the “Privacy” panel
3. Set “Firefox will:” to “Use custom settings for history” and select the relevant options
For Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Select “Settings”
3. Click “Show advanced settings”
4. In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button
5. In the “Cookies” section select the relevant options
1. At the top of the window, click on the “Opera” button
2. Highlight “settings” and click “preferences”
3. Select the “advanced” tab, click “cookies” and select the relevant options
First and third party cookies
Mappinandwebb.co.uk uses two main types of cookies - first party and third party. First party cookies are cookies that Mappinandebb.co.uk use and third party coolies are those that have been placed by our business partners, including social media sites and search engines.
Cookies we use
|Mappin & Webb first party cookies |
|Issuing website||Cookie name||Expire time||Purpose of cookie|
|mappinandwebb.com||ASP.NET_Sessionid||End of Session||maintains your connection with server whilst visiting our site|
|mappinandwebb.com/addthis.com||_atuvc||2 years||Permit posting to social networks using the add this component|
|mappinandwebb.com||BasketID||2 years||Helps retain your basket contents when you revisit the site.|
|mappinandwebb.com||ASPXAUTH||End of Session ||Maintains your ability to login to the website|
|mappinandwebb.com||Promocode||90 days||Ascertains where you have visited the site from (affiliates)|
|mappinandwebb.com||affiliate||90 days||Identify if you have reached the site via an affiliate|
|mailgoldsmiths.co.uk||ASPESSIONIDQSATQACC||End of Session||Identify if you have reached the site via an advertising email|
|mappinandwebb.com||GoldsmithsWishlist||Indefinite||Keep the contents of your wishlist|
|Mappin & Webb third-party cookies|
| Issuing website|| Cookie name|| Expire time|| Purpose of cookie|
|Google.com||_utma||End of Session||This Cookie is used to identify unique visitors to our sites. The results are sent to our Google Analytics account so that we may see how many unique visitors come to this site based over a period of time.|
|Google.com||_utmb||End of Session||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to determine the visitor session times on our sites. Each time you visit a new page on the site the cookie is set to expire within 30 minutes, if it does not find an existing cookie, a new one is created.|
|Google.com||_utmc||End of Session||This cookie is used by Google Analytics in conjunction with __utmb to determine visitor sessions. Unlike __utmb this cookie does not have an expiry date, it determines whether a new session should be created based on whether you have previously closed your browser, re-opened it and come back to the site.|
|Google.com||_utmz||End of Session||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to determine the type of referral used by each visitor to arrive at our site. The cookie determines if the user has come directly to the site or via a search engine, email or email campaign. We use this data to understand how our users arrive at the website.|